Our remedial massage service can help if you’re suffering from any one of these conditions:
- Stress-related muscular pain;
- Back ache;
- Neck and shoulder pain;
- Tension headache;
- Muscular strains;
- General aches and pains.
Benefits of Remedial Massage
- Reduces pain and discomfort;
- Relaxes muscles and increases joint mobility;
- Improves tissue repair;
- Reduces muscle spasm;
- Relaxes the nervous system;
- Breaks down scar tissue.
What to expect during your Remedial Massage treatment
Your consultation will start with a case history to provide your practitioner with knowledge of your presenting symptoms, past injuries and treatment goals.
Treatment times can range between 60 and 90 minutes.
Different techniques will be used throughout the treatment depending on your presenting symptom, this can include; the use of low-level laser, trigger point therapy, superficial and deep tissue work and manual lymphatic drainage used in a remedial way.
How often should I have a remedial massage?
The regularity of your remedial massage will depend on your presenting symptom. If you have had the symptom for a long period, regular sessions are advised initially and then the frequency will be gradually decreased as your condition improves. Most people benefit from monthly sessions; however this will depend on your stress levels and exercise regime.
When a remedial massage may not be advised
- Remedial Massage is not recommended when you are suffering from inflammatory conditions. These include acute injuries and hot, swollen and red areas. Once the inflammation has passed, remedial massage can be of benefit and aid recovery;
- Active infections;
- People who have been diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis or cancer should consult with their GP or specialist before obtaining a remedial massage treatment;
- Please notify your therapist if you are pregnant, so that your treatment can cater for your specific needs.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is an ancient technique where hot stones are used as a warm extension of the therapist’s hands and are also placed at different sites on the body.
The heat of the massage stones penetrates the deeper muscle layers quickly to aid in their release.
Hot stone massage therapy can be both relaxing and therapeutic depending on your needs.
Benefits of a Hot Stone Massage
- Allows deeper penetration into the muscles;
- Provides greater muscular release;
- Improves blood flow;
- Increases relaxation and induces a feeling of well-being;
- Leaves you feeling amazing.
What to expect during your Hot Stone Massage treatment
Treatments can range between 60 and 90 minutes. This particular treatment takes massage to a whole new level. The warmth of the stones takes you to immediate relaxation. Warm stones are placed on different parts of the body at different times. As the muscles warm up from each additional hot stone stroke, the therapist is able to penetrate the muscles at a deeper level providing greater release of muscle tension. The body relaxes more and more muscles are released.
Note: Make sure you drink plenty of water after the treatment to aid in ‘toxin’ clearance.